All Saints Church, Thorpe Bassett

The guide to our church can be found at:

/content/pages/documents/1469028270.pdf

 

View of All Saints from outside

All Saints Church, Thorpe Bassett

 Dating from the 12th century this small village church was extensively restored in 1878-80. The 12th century doorway with chevron-moulded round arch remains and the north wall contains elements of medieval headstones and cross slabs.  There is an early plain tub font and 14th century effigy of a priest reclining on a tomb chest under an arched niche in the chancel north wall. The chancel paving provides a good example of copied medieval tiles which are simply impressed with a linear motif.

Church Warden

Mr D Harrison (David), Wintringham South Wold Farm, Settrington High Street, Malton, YO17 8BQ   tel 01944 768548

Page updated 20 Jul 2016